[SimpleMail-usr] Re: SimpleMail should leave alpha state (was: SimpleMail 0.13 released)

  • From: Databug <databug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SimpleMail <simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 08 Dec 2001 12:14:57 +0000

Hello Sebastian,

On 08/12/2001, you wrote about "[SimpleMail-usr]  SimpleMail should leave alpha
state (was: SimpleMail 0.13 released)":

> Hello,

>>    SimpleMail 0.13 is released just now and can be downloaded from
>> http://simplemail.sf.net/ .

> We finally plan to leave the alpha state very soon, as we think SimpleMail
> has progressed very well in the nearly one year of its existence. Please
> tell us your opinion about that and also some features which a mail client
> must have and SimpleMail doesn't offer yet. Also report every bug/problem
> you'll find. Thanks in advance.

I would agree with Simple Mail leaving the alpha stages as it is becoming quite
a competent mailer now and has plenty enough features for day to day use. As for
features I think just keep adding them and including all the features that are
on YAM. I'd still like to see more flexibility with filters ie. certain mails
playing a sound or starting a ARexx or dos script or popping up a requester.
Also more options to the folders. ie return addresses etc. As I am really bad
for sending mails that should be going to m/l's to the persons private address
:). I'd also like to see some indication when you get new mails in a folder
group that is closed. Due to my limitations on screen real estate I have many
folders within groups that I keep closed to save space. But otherwise Simple
Mail is an exxcellent Mailer and keep it up.

That's me done for now.
--
: This EMail has been brought to you by the Databug :

d le