[sibsug] Re: Using descriptive attributes

  • From: "Rory Gaffney" <rory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sibsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:22:07 +0100

Hi Fiona,

We use desciptive attributes to record many things in IBS (Application
details, APSR contextual info, property adaptation info, etc) and would
probably try to use this if we were looking to record furniture details.
You could create attributes for individual items of furniture (e.g.
FSOFA for sofa, FCHAIR for chair, etc.) and record replacement dates,
allocation details or condition against these. This would then give you
the ability to create a report to list all furniture attirbutes (i.e.
those prefixed with a F) and their associated details. The solution
described by Matt at Cube is also a good idea and would achieve a
similar result but as I have a personal dislike of Access databases I
would be tempted to try attributes first.

If you would like any further info please let me know.

Cheers

Rory

p.s The only downside of using descrptive attributes is that you have to
remember to update them!
Rory Gaffney
Head of IT

Cairn Housing Association
22 York Place
Edinburgh
EH1 3EP
Phone: 0131 556 4415
Fax: 0131 558 3290
Mobile: 07736497152
email: rory@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please consider the environment and only print this email if you really
need to

________________________________

Visit the Cairn Housing Association website at www.cairnha.com
This message is sent in confidence for the addressee(s) only.  It may contain
legally privileged information.  The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone
other than the addressee(s).  Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve
this confidentiality.  Please advise the sender immediately of any error in
transmission and delete the message from your computer.  Cairn Housing
Association take steps to ensure that any attachments are free of any virus,
however it recommends that the recipient(s) anti-virus check prior to accessing
the attachment.  Cairn Housing Association accepts no responsibility for any
loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this e-mail or
the contents.

Head Office: 22 York Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EP.
Tel: 0131 556 4415 Fax: 0131 558 3290
E-Mail: enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxx

Friendly Society Reg No 2335R(S), The Scottish Housing Regulator Registration
No.218, A registered Scottish Charity No SC016647.

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf
of Cairn Housing Association.