[sibsug] Re: Using descriptive attributes

  • From: "Matt Cowan" <mcowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sibsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:59:59 +0100

Hi Fiona,

we use descriptive attributes here at Cube for location and tenancy (at
least some of them) but from what I can understand from your mail I
doubt it would be a useful way to itemise furniture or track useage /
replacement.

I would suggest an MS Access or SQL database for this that you can
perhaps tie into your housing reporting by incorporating it into an Open
Query report.

If you are not using OPen Query, another way would be to compile a
spreadheet that has your furniture assets but pulls out tenancy /
property changes from your IBS database through a linked table query in
Excel.  For this last one you will need the Progress ODBC drivers linked
to your IBS database instance(s).

If this helps let me know and I can dig out some instructions on how to
do this.

Matt Cowan
CUbe Housing Assoc.