[sib-access] writing percussion staves and staff changes

  • From: Vytautas Jr <vyt.bucionis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 20:49:01 -0400

Hi all,

When writing with percussion staves with one pitch, how do you label your
percussion instruments?  I learned in composition class that they should be
labelled above the staff.  How would we do that?

Another question: sometimes when writing pieces, some instruments could be
absent for a long time.  So some recommend to exclude them from the staff
layout when the corresponding instruments  are absent, and include them when
they are present.  How would you do such staff changes?

Cheers

Vytautas