[sib-access] Re: [sib-access]

  • From: saeed Mirzazadeh <saeedm19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 18:18:20 +0100

Mohammad,
First it needs to consider that in writing 2 voices in a staff, the
note stems of a voice should be in opposition with the ones of the
other voice; in a way that the upper voice should be written with the
stems upside and the stems of the lower voice is written downside.
This way helps to distinguish the notes very well by sighted persons.
By default, Sibelius write the the notes of the first voice with the
stems upside and viceversa for the second voice. So you have to write
the upper notes in the first voice and the lowers in the second one.
But in any case you wrote the upper notes in second voice and the
lowers in the first one, as their stems are overlapped and it will be
difficult to read by a sighted person, you can also use Flip option to
change the direction of the stems instead of re-writing all the notes,
For this, you have to select the note/notes of which you want to
change the stems direction, go to edit menue and press Flip.
Hope it helps!
Regards,
Saeed