[sib-access] Re: Sibelius Access Installed Now

  • From: "Joel Daze" <joeldaze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 19:13:23 -0400

Hello folks...

This is in response to Chris' post:

I would have paid more money getting a DAW from someone who builds DAWS for
blind people.  The price I was quoted from a company in the U.S. was not too
my liking... so I proceeded on my own to build my system.  My choice was
deliberate and well thought out.  I always do research before I extend my
financial resources.

I've spoken with techs. At Presonus and have had this machine recommended to
me.  I've been on gearsluts.com and have found similar comments.  It works
well and I'm happy with it.  The core software works well.

However, the Lenovo built software components are inaccessible.  It seems to
me that such a distinguished brand of business computer maker would put the
needs of disabled persons somewhere within their software architecture.  But
obviously, this is not the case.  I'm a new Windows 7 user and a new user to
the Lenovo brand.  You can be sure that I will be contacting Lenovo to speak
to them about their software.  I know I won't probably make a difference but
at least I have spoken my mind.

I find the tone and choice of words in the response to my earlier post
condescending.  I did not sign up to this list to be taught the moral of a
story.  I signed up to sib-access because I wanted some helpful information
and thought that I could be of help once I knew my way around the software
well enough.  I don't post to this list often and only do so when I'm really
stuck.  My comments are out of frustration.  I'm visually impaired.  This
forum is for persons who are blind and visually impaired.  There is a lot of
software out there that is inaccessible and I was just venting.

Ask questions before you wag your finger at my predicament.  If you want to
be rude then please don't post to the list.  I'm seriously offended.

A better choice of words might have been:

1. Here are a few manufacturers that make DAW's geared specifically for
blind and visually impaired persons.
2. You always run a risk when you buy a DAW from a dealer who is not
familiar with the needs of persons that belong to the blind and visually
impaired population.

Please, let's try to filter the sarcasm out of the tone of our posts?  And
once again, let's not make any assumptions as to the skill level or
knowledge that list members may or may not have?

Thanks...

Joël Dazé