[sib-access] Re: Converting sibelius scores to images

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 00:21:05 -0500

It's what I do all the time.  No, you won't have to use sighted assistance
to find your score because it will already be open in Sibelius when you
execute the print option.  Now, if you are trying to print the score in a
paper format other than the paper format that you chose when you created the
score, you might need help.  I use the vision I have to do that trick when I
have to change paper sizes.  Primo PDF defaults to paper sized 8.5x11.  If
you are using A4, you can choose that in the PDF printer driver.  You
probably should get a sighted person to help you through this the first time
you use it.  Once you get the hang, you won't need sighted help again.
        Your sighted assistant doesn't need to know anything at all about
music.  They just have to know how to click on things.
        I don't even own a printer.  Whenever I print things, such as when I
go on tour, or when I submitted the brass fanfare that won the Dallas
competition, I used this exact method to create pdf files that I brought to
my local Kinko's, a printing and copying store, for those of you outside the
U.S, and was good to go.

Kevin