[sib-access] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: From Sibelius scores to Braille Scores

  • From: "Claudio Sacco" <cl.sacco@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:15:29 +0100

Hi Beccy
Freedots is a free software, that converts music XML to Braille. You can
convert for example your Sibelius scores to music XML with Dolet for
Sibelius; Afterwards Freedots can convert your XML files to Braille, the
same way you perhaps already know, Lime and Goodfeel from Dancingdots will.
Freedots handles XML files better than Lime does, but the Braille result of
Goodfeel is more accurate. Freedots is just another tool. You don't have to
go from Sibelius to Dolet to Lime and finally to Goodfeel. Freedots is a
step shorter: Sibelius, Dolet, Freedots.
I'm just very happy with Freedots, because it handles music XML much better
than I ever had before.
Regards