[sib-access] From Sibelius scores to Braille Scores

  • From: "Claudio Sacco" <cl.sacco@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:57:12 +0100

Hi
For a while now I'm using a software capable of Brailling my Sibelius scores
and music XML files; I'm so happy with it, that I want to share my happyness
with you. And if you read Braille, it will definitely become a useful tool
also for you. The software translates music XML to Braille music notation.
So, to braille Sibelius scores you need Dolet for Sibelius, which you can
obtain from:
http://www.recordare.com/
The software is called Freedots. Direct link for the latest version:
 <http://freedots.googlecode.com/files/FreeDots-20100217.exe>
http://freedots.googlecode.com/files/FreeDots-20100217.exe
To browse for it and find out more about it:

http://code.google.com/p/freedots/downloads/list

Once installed read carefully "readme.Jaws". You will find a shortcut to
this important file in Freedot's startmenu folder.

The developer of the Software is blind. His name is "Mario Lang".

To learn more about "Mario Lang" go to:

http://delysid.org/

There is also a mailing list. Go for it.

If you have trouble making Freedots run, write to Freedots mailing list or
contact either "Mario Lang" or me.

Have fun.

Regards