[SI-LIST] Re: via location

  • From: "Peter" <yonghui.sky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bowden.ivor@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 10:45:07 +0800

Per my experience, the noise is generated inside the high speed digital
chip, and it will spread to power supply plane. So the decap is filtering
the noise generated by the chip first, not filtering noise from the power
supply in high speed multi-layer design. In this case , via location is not
so important.

Peter