[SI-LIST] Hardware Design Engineer Opening at Mosys - PCB board design

  • From: Bendik Kleveland <bkleveland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 14:24:08 -0700

Hi,
I thought I'd give the SI list a sneak preview of a job posting that is in the
approval loop. Please contact me and HR director if you are interested in this
opportunity. bkleveland@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bkleveland@xxxxxxxxx>;
kmyburgh@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:kmyburgh@xxxxxxxxx>

Remove the SI-LIST from the subject header, otherwise it will go to the wrong
filter.

Thanks,

Bendik

Job Description

Design  28-56 Gbps Printed Circuit Boards PCB board design for MoSys Bandwidth
Engine(r) and LineSpeed(tm) products. The responsibilities are broad and unique
as these new products are gaining traction in the market. We are looking for
someone who is capable of making a huge impact over the next several years.

Responsibilities:

*       Responsible for hardware design of customer demo, characterization,
load board and burn-in boards at MoSys

*       Work with internal teams to define and specify board; work with PCB
vendors for schematic capture and layout; bring up board

*       Interface with SI team to characterize boards and fold learning into
guidelines for both internal and external use.

*       Interface with connector, socket and PCB vendors

Desired Skills & Experience

*       BS or MS in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years work experience

*       Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others in a team
environment

*       Basic understanding of electronic components such as resistors,
capacitors, inductors, regulators, clock drivers, and level shifters

*       Basic understanding of transmission lines and power distribution

*       Experience with 3D modeling tools  (HFSS, Power SI, ADS, Q3D) and/or
IBIS-AMI a plus

*       Experience with laboratory measurements using equipment such as
oscilloscopes, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers

*       Excellent analytical, design, and debug skills

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: