[SI-LIST] Re: understanding acceptable amount of jitter for given receiver/system

  • From: "Jory McKinley" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "ajay.dhingra@xxxxxxxxx" <ajay.dhingra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 10:50:43 -0700

Hello Ajay,
There are several approaches to incorporating Jitter analysis for your channel
into your simulations which are pretty much standard, see Hspice manual, or
industry simulation tool manual.  I would recommend and most cases you may not
have a choice but build a TX/RX model that incorporates the channel Jitter
specifications directly into the behavioral model (Spice, IBIS-AMI..).  Once
and if you acquire the actual PHY specifications for Jitter and other
electrical characteristics you can build these into your behavioral model.
As far as test patterns to apply for your channel each standard has some
variation of the type of pattern and duration.  In general a standard PRBS
pattern run for 1M bits will get you through most your standard compliance
requirements.  You can use PDA (peak distortion analysis) or Statistical
analysis in some cases and this will tend to converge very long PRBS runs.
If you need help on more specific channel methodology/requirements we might
want to take off line.
Regards,
-Jory

On Sunday, August 31, 2014 3:24 AM, Ajay Dhingra <ajay.dhingra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jory
Could you please explain, how to incorporate/embed jitter profile into the
hspice model of Transmitter to simulate and verify BER compliance. Does it
require  any information to be provided by PHY vendor in terms of Jitter
profile PWL or it will be standard procedure based upon Jitter Vectors.

Pls forward me some documents which defines the essential checks to sign
off a Differential interface in Simulation.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay

--
AJAY DHINGRA
Bangalore, India
9741414027
It is Attitude,Not Aptitude, that determines your Altitude.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at:

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: