[SI-LIST] Re: si-list Digest V4 #261

  • From: Ivan Ndip <ndip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kpalusa@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:18:08 +0200

Hi,
you have to first develop an EM model of the via, together with the
planes in HFSS. Use feeding lines to connect the via to the wave ports.
Assign materials to the model, define the ports and set up the
convergence criteria (e.g., maximum delta_S). At the end of the field
simulation, remove the effects of the feeding lines through
de-embedding. You can now use the resulting S-parameters to extract the
electrical parameters (e.g., inductance, capacitance,...) of the via.
One way of doing this is to use a circuit simulator (e.g., Serenade from
Ansoft, ADS,...). Based on the extracted S-parameters, develop and
equivalent circuit model of the via and through optimization, these
electrical parameters can then be obtained.

Best regards,
Ivan Ndip

kusuma palusa wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can somebody please suggest how to extract inductance of a through via from
>HFSS
>
>Thanks

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help:
>
>List FAQ wiki page is located at:
>                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Si-List_FAQ
>
>List technical documents are available at:
>                http://www.si-list.org
>
>List archives are viewable at:
>               //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
>or at our remote archives:

Dipl.-Ing. Ivan N. Ndip
Research Engineer

Fraunhofer Institut für Zuverlässigkeit und Mikrointegration (FhG-IZM)
Dept.: Advanced System Engineering (ASE)
Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25
D-13355 Berlin
Germany

Phone:  +49 (0) 30 46403 141
Fax:    +49 (0) 30 46403 158

E-mail: ndip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   |   Web: http://www.izm.fraunhofer.de

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- und Geschäftsgeheimnisse, dem Anwaltsgeheimnis
unterliegende oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten
Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen die Kenntnisnahme des
Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich
untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie den Absender der E-Mail und vernichten
die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

Since this e-mail contains confidential information, it must be treated with
utmost confidentiality. Any person who may get in contact with this
information by mistake should not take any notice of the topic and should
not pass on or duplicate any part of this information. The e-mail has to be
destroyed and the sender of the e-mail has to be informed immediately.
Thank you.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org