[SI-LIST] Re: question about Hfss-v9

  • From: Ray Anderson <reanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list-repost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:52:18 -0700

I agree in principle with Arpad, however I wonder how easy it is to
contact a local AE in Iran where the original poster's question emanated
from? Directing the query to the vendor's main support or sales address
would have been the preferable course of action. However, note that he
received an answer to his question inside 6 hours, most likely a lot
faster than he would have received a response via the  politically
correct channels.

-Ray

Muranyi, Arpad wrote:

>Actually, in my humble opinion, the first question shouldn't
>have been asked on this list.  This is a typical question that
>should have been directed to the tool vendor.
>
>The second question may be more appropriate on this list,
>but could have still been answered by the vendor easily.
>
>I think the most appropriate time to ask questions here is
>when the question is either not answered by the vendor,
>or has very tricky aspects which may be beyond the ability
>of a regular AE to answer.
>
>While I am at it, I would like to mention that my biggest
>problems with the discussions here is the lack of respect
>to one and another.  Regardless of how experienced, or newbie
>someone is, we should ALWAYS treat each other with respect
>at least initially.  If the problem persists, we can raise
>our voice to get the message through, but even than please
>do it respectfully.
>
>Arpad Muranyi

.

List FAQ wiki page is located at: