[SI-LIST] Re: question about Hfss-v9

  • From: Sitar Moniker <si_monkey2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:20:21 -0700 (PDT)

Just like Google is a powerful search tool, I believe si-list is a powerful
tool for SI related issues. Si-List has a powerful algorithm in the network of
3000+ subscribers. For all practical purposes, ask any SI related question and
you will most likely get an answer. There are different levels of people asking
questions.  There are correspondingly different levels of people answering
questions. A question that annoys/upsets a bunch of people, may be gladly
answered by another person. That is what happened here. Senior people have to
be tolerant to such questions. What is considered as waste of bandwidth may
well be an investment.
"Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Sitar,

1) I was talking in general, not your post at all.

2) Yes, you have a valid point, some times time pressure
doesn't allow us to start digging for the answer, etc...
However, this is not always the case, as it didn't seem to
be in question #1 of the post that triggered this thread.

"1- If I want to buy Ansoft Hfss v9 software,does it include the
Optimetrics option or optimetrics option must be bought separately?"
If there is a time crunch, the poster can (apologetically)
mention that as the reason for his (potentially annoying)
post and ask the question. I think that would upset a lot
fewer people. But there is a difference between that and
asking something to which the answer is readily available
all over the place. How would you feel if someone posted
a question like: "Could someone tell me the quadratic
formula? I need it right now, but I left my textbook
at home today..." A quick search on the web would give
thousands of answers in fractions of a second...

Now that I say this it occurs to me that respect can also
be interpreted as respecting the list and its members by
NOT asking before thinking (or doing the homework first)...

Arpad