[SI-LIST] logic analyser measurements at a Controller with 100MHz busses

  • From: Roehrner Wolfgang <Wolfgang.Roehrner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:40:12 +0200

Hi all!

I am involved in a project with a completely new Microcontroller(272pin
BGA), Software and Layout. It will be unavoidably to do some measurements
with a logic analyser due to debugging purposes. We will have to measure all
Adress and A/D Busses directly at the controller. (Bus speed is 100Mhz)  To
do this, we intend to use a "adapter PCB" which will be placed instead of
the original Controller on the PCB. On the adapter the controller and the
connectors to the logic analyser will be mounted.

What are your experiences and/or advices for this kind of measurements?
or, what would you suggest alternatively?
How do you usually do debugging measurements?

I would be grateful for every hint or advice.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

  SiemensVDO Automotive AG
  Wolfgang Roehrner