[SI-LIST] Re: layout of DSP driving 2 SDRAM

  • From: Ihsan Erdin <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tang, Linda [Xin Cai]" <LindaXinCai.Tang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:59:15 -0400

Hi Linda,
You should understand the controller specs before taking any action. If it
internally skews clock and address signals it's correct to route them at
equal length within a tolerance. The routing of the data signals w.r.t.
clock could be a bit more tricky for the read mode of operation. You should
first calculate the total time required for data to appear at the
controller pins by adding the clock and data propagation delays, and the
clock-to-data output delay of the memory (from datasheets.) When you
subtract this number from the bit time you should still have enough margins
for the input setup requirement of the controller. In other words, the
setup time requirement will set a limit to the total length of clock and
data signals together.

Regards,

Ihsan

--