[SI-LIST] Re: Check LPDDR2 CK-DQS timing

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zlqin80@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:55:08 +0200

Hi,
no reason to be sorry for formatting ..
The DRAM needs just to have some alignment between the Write Command and
the corresponding Write Data. This is required to ensure the DRAM can
switch on it's Receivers at the right time and not while the bus is in
any undefined (midlevel) state or too late so that it is missing the
first DQS edge.

Be happy to have so much margins .. usually you need it to avoid
extensive length matching. Dependent of your CA bus your clock is longer
as the Data signals (e.g. if the data balls of the DRAM face towards the
controller). In order ot avoid extensive stretching of DQS (and
therefore also DQ singals) by lots of meandering it is quite good to
have some wide margin there (especially for early DQS). But I have seen
controller datasheets that do eatup  a lot of the margins from TDQSS...
The real datacapturing is done based on Setup/Hold DQS vs. DQ and this
is the tight parameter.

Hermann

Our next Events:
================

"Open the Black Box of Memory"
Seminar on 08/09. November 2012

Check our website or contact us for details

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx