[SI-LIST] Re: gigabit port

  • From: Ray Anderson <reanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:57:27 -0800

Myan-

I think this is one of those questions that isn't going to be answered
to your satisfaction on si-list. There are probably hundreds or
thousands of things that _could_ be wrong. Open ended inquiries like you
have posed without a whole lot more data on exactly what is going on are
difficult to answer with any real degree of accuracy. If the problem
seems to be beyond your area of expertise perhaps hiring a consultant
who is an expert in the field would be a cost and time efficient
solution to your problem. You could get your immediate problem resolved
and probably learn a whole lot about the topic in the process.

Regarding the transformer question, have you looked at the Pulse catalog
or datasheet?

-Ray Anderson

myan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  I design a board . There are 6 Gigabit ports (1000base-T) on it. And =
>there is no problem to send packets to smartbits . But when smartbit =
>sends packets to these Gigabit ports, there are a lot of error packets =
>received by these ports . Could anyone give me some help ?  =20
>
> And I want to know if Pulse transformer 5054 is for 10/100/1000 base-T =
>? =20
>    =20
> Thanks!

List FAQ wiki page is located at: