[SI-LIST] diff pair questions

  • From: signal hoss <simails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:48:36 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

Why does diff pair on pcb always reference to
gnd/power
planes, ie., stripline as sandwitch by 2 planes? The
impedence of diff pair is between positive and
negative, and should have no relationship to gnd/power
planes.

Another similar question is I have a 100 ohm diff pair
stripline lines on pcb and use a diff coaxial cable
solder to this pcb diff lines to connect to another
board. Do I need to solder the shield of cable to
ground ? Please clarify.

Signal Hoss