[SI-LIST] Re: SpecctraQuest

  • From: Carlos Moll <cmoll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:25:26 -0400

Greg:

I interpreted your question dealing with measurement points within SigXP
instead of SpecctraQuest, but here is a bit of info on both.

In SigXP, there is a noload probe input buffer- dummy probe.  This can give
you an 'active' monitor point/probe like capability to monitor the
extraction nodes, etc..  Other parameters may be added to better represent
the capacitance and reference lead inductance of your instrumentation probe.

The dummy probe model is located under the add-part Model Type filter-
IBISInput

In SQ, if you are a bit familiar with espice syntax, you can add a
.node_param statement to print the node parameter to simulate and view the
waveform, for instance to look at a collection of node points representing
a package model and/or single line subcircuits, etc.  You would have
generate the cirucit files first and then run the simulator from the
command line to implement this option.

Additionally, you could employ other useful/simpler options as mentioned by
Ken and Todd, which tend to be ideal choices amongst users.

Regards,

Carlos Moll
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.