[SI-LIST] Re: SpecctraQuest

  • From: "Lynne Green" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Si-List'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:17:27 -0700

Both HyperLynx and SpecctraQuest (Allegro SI) have added new features,
including support for "GHz simulation" and an HSPICE interface.

If you are planning to use S-parameters for interconnect models, IBIS 4.1
(VHDL-AMS or Verilog-AMS), or have other advanced requirements, you should
definitely talk to the respective vendors about if/when/how your
requirements would be supported.

If you are creating IBIS models, then the Cadence SPECCTRAQuest Model
Integrity module is nice.  (HyperLynx does not have an equivalent.)
Both tools are suitable for model validation.

As Kai mentioned, the Cadence tools are designed to work together, from IC
and package design to layout to SI simulation.  On the other hand, if one is
using a mix of point tools, one can take advantage of HyperLynx's
translators to use layouts from various layout tools.

- Lynne

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com