[SI-LIST] crosstalk-FastCap

  • From: manthos labropoulos <manthoslmp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 22:32:56 +0100 (BST)

Hi I am using both FastHenry and FastCap in order toextract the RLC matrices
for a SoC Bus (i want toobserve the crosstalk phenomenon). I think that it isa
bus crossing peroblem (acording to FastCap's manual)But i have some problems
while using FastCap.  Do i have to describe the bus lines with a simple Ground
Plane or i have to describe the crossing linesunderneath the bus ? (the layer
which is vertical tothe signal lines-coplanar structure).  If so then should i
define the vertical layer as oneseperate group in order to take a
(n+1)x(n+1)capacitance matrix ? (n=number of bus lines)      How should i
define the dielectric between theselines ? Should i just define the dielectric
constantin the list file (is it so simple?)  I have made a lot of experiments
with FastCap andHspice (W model Field Solver) in order to compare theresults
but the differences between them are verylarge !If i finally take the RLC
matrixes then which modelshould i use in HSpice for simulation ? (W model?)Can
i do the simulation for such coplanar structuresin HSpice without using the
Field Solvers ?(i meanwill the results be accurate ?)  Can you please send me
an example if possible for mycase in order to compare the results?  I have seen
the mail from Abe Riazi "Re: Couplincapacitance" but it is for microstripsSorry
for the large number of my questions but i am alitlle bit confused. Thanks!

List archives are viewable at: