[SI-LIST] crosstalk-FastCap

  • From: manthos labropoulos <manthoslmp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:21:59 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

 I am using both FastHenry and FastCap in order to
extract the RLC matrices for a SoC Bus (i want to
observe the crosstalk phenomenon). I think that it is
a bus crossing peroblem (acording to FastCap's manual)
But i have some problems while using FastCap.

 Do i have to describe the bus lines with a simple
Ground Plane or i have to describe the crossing lines
underneath the bus ? (the layer which is vertical to
the signal lines-coplanar structure).

 If so then should i define the vertical layer as one
seperate group in order to take a (n+1)x(n+1)
capacitance matrix ? (n=number of bus lines)

 How should i define the dielectric between these
lines ? Should i just define the dielectric constant
in the list file (is it so simple?)

 I have made a lot of experiments with FastCap and
Hspice (W model Field Solver) in order to compare the
results but the differences between them are very
large !

If i finally take the RLC matrixes then which model
should i use in HSpice for simulation ? (W model?)

Can i do the simulation for such coplanar structures
in HSpice without using the Field Solvers ?(i mean
will the results be accurate ?)

 Can you please send me an example if possible for my
case in order to compare the results?

 I have seen the mail from Abe Riazi "Re: Couplin
capacitance" but it is for microstrips

Sorry for the large number of my questions but i am a
litlle bit confused.

Thanks!

List archives are viewable at: