[SI-LIST] Re: VPX upto 12Gbps

  • From: "Istvan Nagy" <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dudi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 18:20:31 -0700

Hi

I think you will have to contact the connector vendors directly and ask for
spec/datasheet and possible s-parameter models. Some of those might be
openly available on the websites, some others might be given to you on
request if you signed an NDA.

You have to also decide whether you want to only use your board in a short
backplane (3 slots) or in a bigger one. And simulate the whole channel.
Also check the VITA openVPX and the PICMG/AMC standards/specs, what they
define for IL/ICR/ILD and see if you meet it with your whole channel.
uTCA/AMC is similar size but it might allow for higher data rate.

Some companies like www.cct.co.uk claim that their VPX board supports
PCIe3.0 (8gig).

Regards,
Istvan Nagy