[SI-LIST] Unique troubleshooting methods workshop

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 21:28:13 -0700

Hi All,

By the time most engineers reach middle age we should start to give
something back to the engineering community. One way I am doing this
is that on November 1st, I am holding my single day seminar on design
troubleshooting and failure analysis (system and circuit designs not
IC device failure) at the University of California Santa Barbara. The
cost is typical for a single day public seminar, but I am donating my
time and equipment so all of the proceeds go to the University.

The course description is at:

http://emcesd.com/pdf/hffa_sem.pdf

The UCSB info page is:

http://www.ece.ucsb.edu/Research/HFFA2006/

Currently the date is listed as in July, but will shortly be changed
to November 1.

This single day workshop is very unique. The troubleshooting methods I
teach are not taught by anyone else but they are very powerful and get
results quickly, especially for problems that occur infrequently or
are lurking just below the surface on a new design.

Professor Steve Long is coordinating the event. If you need more
details on the arrangements you can contact him at:

Steve Long <long@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you have questions about the workshop itself, feel free to reply
directly to me.

We have spots for 14 people but could accommodate more if necessary.

Doug

     ___          _       Doug Smith
      \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
       =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
    _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
  /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
  \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: