[SI-LIST] Re: HSPICE DC Convergence Problem

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <esayre@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:47:28 -0700

Ed,

Are you attempting to get a transient simulation off the ground with
S-parameter data?  If so, 200 MHz may be too high a starting frequency.
Some tools may extrapolate to 0 Hz but there may not be enough
information for the extrapolation to provide realistic results.

Have you tried adding a guaranteed-passive 0 Hz data point to the
S-parameter data?  Or simply extract the S-parameter data starting at a
much lower frequency before running the transient analysis?

Just a few thoughts...

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.=20