[SI-LIST] Re: TEM wave propagation and standing waves

  • From: Ihsan Erdin <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ankit wangoo <ankit.wangoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 00:41:26 -0500

You're right. In normal (unperturbed) propagation mode they will be in
phase but spatially perpendicular to each other. However, standing waves
are the result of boundary conditions (terminal conditions in the case of
transmission lines.) The different behavior of electric and magnetic fields
when they interact with matter (that is, the tangential component of
E-field and normal component of H-field being continuous across a boundary)
is the cause of phase difference on the standing waves.
Regards.

Ihsan Erdin

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: