[SI-LIST] Re: TEM wave propagation and standing waves

  • From: Davi Correia <davi.correia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ankit wangoo <ankit.wangoo@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:00:16 -0800 (PST)

Ankit,
The concept of a TEM or a plane wave where E and H are in phase is for
propagating waves in an unbounded media. The concept of a standing wave is not
exactly the same thing: for a start, it is not a propagating wave, but a
combination of two, propagating in opposing direction, resulting in a standing
wave. They do not represent the same thing, you can not bring a condition valid
for one to another.
Regards,
Davi