[SI-LIST] Switcher Efficiency Optimization

  • From: Tayyab Rahimkhan Pathan <Tayyab_Pathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:40:26 +0530

SI Experts,
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask Power Supply related query
but if anyone has experience pls share the knowledge.

We have designed a Tab like system for security application. We are now trying
to optimize the battery backup time by reducing the overall sleep current.
Since we have used Switchers for 12V to 5V and 3V3 supply generation, in sleep
mode (low load) the efficiency of switchers is very poor (<50%, I know for
light loads the efficiency will be poor) because of which our sleep current
target is not met.

My query is how to optimize the light load (<20mA) efficiency of buck
synchronous switcher (P/N TPS54521)?

Regards,
Tayyab

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: