[SI-LIST] Re: Stripline vs. Microstrip selection

  • From: Luping Liu <liewluping@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:46:19 +0800

Hi Gert:
   Thank you for you advice, yes , our channel is BGA to MXP connector, and
the serdes are on the outer row of the pin map, so the signal can route out
on top layer without vias . What  block us from use microstrip on this
~4inch channel is , both on simulation and measurement shows that , for M4
material, the Width/Gap =8mil /8mil   micostrip have ~ 1.3dB/inch@12.5GHz
IL, and a 6mil/8mil stripline just have ~0.8dB/inch @12.5GHz, even consider
the via loss , I think stripline still have dominance, so we may use
Microstrip even we can route the signal without vias. May be we should ask
, does  our IL measurement data right ?

Best Regards,
LIU Luping

List forum  is accessible at: