[SI-LIST] Re: Stripline vs. Microstrip selection

  • From: "Alfred P. Neves" <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "liewluping@xxxxxxxxx" <liewluping@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:17:53 -0700

Send me a pm, Ill send you S-parameter models for our Intersymbol Interference
Platform, ISI-28 so you can do your own simulations in both microstrip and
stripline.   The platform includes both structures with pristine launches from
3 to almost 50inches of differential trace.     We also have BERT data from 10
to 32Gbpsec, corresponding to simulated measurements.

Our BERT and simulated S-parameter eyes data suggests both structures works
well, but Gert is correct in that VIA and launch issues highly impact the
jitter results.   Poor return loss structures, along with weave issues and poor
fabrication can create resonance in  systems which wreaks havoc on jitter
repeatability and simulation correspondence to measurement.

- Al Neves

Products for the Signal Integrity Practitioner

Alfred P. Neves
Chief Technologist

Office: 503-679-2429

www.wildrivertech.com