[SI-LIST] Re: SI-LIST] Re: Questions about interplane capacitance

  • From: "Ihsan Erdin" <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Istvan Novak" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:07:05 -0400

Istvan,

In a lossless TEM structure, be it a linear, planar or biconical
transmission line, the multiplication of the per-unit-length
parameters C and L always results in [epsilon x mu]. Keeping the
inductance constant while increasing the capacitance is tantamount to
saying that this value changes with radial distance from the source.
Since 1/sqrt(LC) is the speed of the wavefront that means wave is
propagating slower and slower as the plane size grows. As the plane
size approaches infinity the light in it will almost come to a stop!
Do you really mean that?

Regards

Ihsan

List technical documents are available at: