[SI-LIST] Re: SI-LIST] Re: Questions about interplane capacitance

  • From: "Ihsan Erdin" <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jennings, Kevin F" <Kevin.Jennings@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 21:09:25 -0400

Kevin,

With the lateral plane size, C increases but L decreases; hence the
decreasing plane impedance with the growing area. A parallel-plate
structure is a nonuniform transmission line whose per-unit length
parameters L and C depend on the location unlike the more familiar
axial (uniform) transmission line for which these parameters are
constant.

Regards

Ihsan

List technical documents are available at: