[SI-LIST] Re: Regarding etch factor calculation

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sai krishnan <sai_krishnan_s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 05:44:31 -0700

A 10% variation in impedance takes either a 20% difference in effective
dK or around a 10% variation in effective trace width, or a
combination.  First make sure that the you are getting the right
physical numbers from your fab house for the etch profile.  Are you
etching very narrow traces?
Steve.

--
Steve Weir