[SI-LIST] Re: Regarding differential termination

  • From: "PRAJIT S NAIR" <prajitsnair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vani.chandrasekharan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:46:38 +0900

Hi Vani,
Generally the  electrical length of stub  is kept around 10% of the
signal edge.
Longer stub line can cause signal distortion .
You can take a decision based on your operating frequency, signal rise/fall
time, load conditions etc...
Best Regards
Prajit S Nair

On 4/17/07, vani.chandrasekharan@xxxxxxxxx <vani.chandrasekharan@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> =20
> Hi,
>
> I was going through a layout for differential signals, when I noticed
> that the stub for the termination from the receiver was as long as 500
> mils or so. I thought if used at a high frequency this should matter.
> Kindly let me know your views.
>
> Will this stub affect timing, is it required the match the p and n
> lengths of the termination stub too?
>
> Thanks and warm regards,
> Vani

> to=
> this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and=
> may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you=
> are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or=
> copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all=
> copies of this message and any attachments.=20
>
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient=
> should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.=
> The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus=
> transmitted by this email.
> =20
> www.wipro.com

> List technical documents are available at: