[SI-LIST] Re: RDRAM termination

  • From: "Baranauskas, Dave" <Dave.Baranauskas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx>, <wudance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:48:01 -0600

Dan,

To answer you question, Direct RDRAM IO is an open drain current source
(I believe this is the case for Base and Concurrent RDRAM as well).
This being the case the IO's current comes from the termination voltage
source and is routed through the terminators connected to the end of the
bus.  If you do not put the termination resistors in circuit the IO can
not switch.

Dave