[SI-LIST] Re: Power sum crosstalk calculation method--is there an error in OIF-CEI or 10GBase-KR?

  • From: Vinu Arumugham <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:29:10 -0700

Bruce,

I think the equation defined in OIF - CEI needs no changes.

S-parameters are just a ratio. You can get the voltage or power ratio
from them as needed.

PSXT = -37dB for two -40dB aggressors is correct.

If the aggressors were in phase, and you wanted the absolute worst case
summation, you would use voltage sum crosstalk (VSXT).

The -34dB you calculated is VSXT not PSXT.

Thanks,
Vinu

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: