[SI-LIST] Re: PI resonance test

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 05:32:17 -0800

If you have access to the cavity at the same port or ports as used in
your simulation, then you can connect a VNA at those ports. If the
resonance is modal, connecting test ports at different locations may
yield different results. In any case, you need to excite the cavity and
monitor the response.

You can do sanity checks on the resonance frequency based on: Dimensions
of the cavity, dielectric constant of the insulating layer(s), and the
composition of the discrete bypass network, and any ICs with significant
internal bypass connected to that cavity.

Steve.
On 1/14/2014 4:37 AM, 王素华 wrote:
> Dear all
>     I have a problem about how to test power plane resonance.
>
> I did a simulation of a 1.0v power plane(12v turn 1.0v) and the resonance is
> high at 600mhz,how can I verify my simulation through test?
>
> Thanks

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
1580 Grand Point Way
MS 34689
Reno, NV  89523-9998
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2013 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: