[SI-LIST] Re: PDS Capacitor Mounting Details for Lowest Inductance?

  • From: "Tom Biggs" <tbiggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:46:53 -0800

I haven't done it, but my understanding is that some fab houses can plug
the vias then plate over them. The mounting pad then has the via hidden
underneath it. This would certainly give the lowest inductance.

see:
http://www.protoengineering.com/pdf/viaplug.pdf

http://www.methode.com/mdc/mdc5.htm

Has anyone tried this?