[SI-LIST] Re: PDS Capacitor Mounting Details for Lowest Inductance?

  • From: Steve Lund <slund@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Signal Integrity Listserv (E-mail)" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:14:46 -0600

Si Gurus,

Thanks for your input to my questions. Here is a re-cap of the answers.
Please correct me if I misunderstood.

1. Via-in-pad has issues with manufacturing unless the via is small diameter
(10 mils). Via-beside-pad would be a good alternative if the prior was
unavailable or too expensive. It looks like I'm off to check with our board
house as to which they prefer.

2. Thermals should be eliminated from the plane connections for SMT
components.

3. You can't get there from here with a 4 layer stackup. It looks like we
live without a little extra plane capacitance.

Regards,

Steve

List archives are viewable at: