[SI-LIST] Re: One stitching via or more vias is better for 25Gbps

  • From: David Banas <DBanas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 14:38:15 +0000

On 9/7/2014 8:49 PM, leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> All of the things proposed don't seem to have any basis.  I, on the

> other hand, have built test boards to find out.  My findings are

> available in my classes and do not show such vias have any value.

Hi Lee,

Our simulation results suggest that, while these stitching vias have no
discernable effect on signal integrity at the receiver at these speeds, they do
noticeably affect electromagnetic emissions from the PCB edges, potentially
threatening electromagnetic compliance testing failure, when they are omitted.
And I was wondering if you have any experimental findings, in this regard, that
you can share.

Thanks!

David Banas
Sr. Member of the Technical Staff
Altera Corp.<http://www.altera.com/>

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail,
and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: