[SI-LIST] Re: Offline / Online Jitter evaluation tools ...

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:55:06 +0200

Hello *,
Thanks to all who responded! Thats the reason why I love SI-List!

Still the amount of free tools is limited, but I know some more
commercial tools. Maybe I will do some kind of evaluation and invest
some money there.

Regarding the free solution from Kirby:
I think this would be a nice starting point .. maybe somebody would be
interested and do further development with some students ?

Thanks and regards

Hermann

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Veilchenstrasse 1
94554 Moos
Tel.:   +49 (0)9938 / 902 083
Mobile: +49 (0)176  / 787 787 77
Fax:    +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

schrieb Kirby Goulet:

> This tool is at the beginning stage and not ready for serious use, but
> if you get stuck, www.sourceforge.net/projects/wavu
> <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/wavu> was intended to do what you
> want.  I also wanted an offline viewer  that was fast for large
> datasets.  I have not had time to do any more work on it, but I would
> welcome any suggestions or additional coding.  It is all C++/C.
>
> As it is setup now, just one trace and only .csv file inputs.  I have
> tested to 10Megasample files.
>
> The source is in the git repository.  Development was on a linux
> platform, but I have compiled using Eclipse on win32.  I can send a
> win32 executable (does not install) if interested.
>
> Kirby
>

> --- On *Tue, 7/19/11, Hermann Ruckerbauer
> /<hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:
>

>     From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     Subject: [SI-LIST] Offline / Online Jitter evaluation tools ...
>     To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 2:20 PM
>
>     Hello *,
>
>     I have some realy long SATA and PCIe traces (ASCI format, taken by an
>     Agilent scope) that I would like to evaluate on my PC (so not on the
>     scope).
>     I know there are some commercial tools out that allow this (M1
>     from ASA,
>     N1010A-200 from Agilent), but I wondered if there would be some free
>     tools available as well.
>
>     Maybe any Matlab routines, or any other Software.
>
>     I wrote Offline, because I would like to do it being "offline"
>     from the
>     scope.
>     I wrote Online, as there might be even some web based interfaces out
>     allowing such data evaluation.
>
>     Currently I'm doing this with ADS. This is possible, but has limited
>     functionality (when not adding own equations and code ...)
>     So if anybody knows additional evaluation routines for ADS I could use
>     this as well.
>
>     Thanks for any hint on such open toolsets ...
>
>     Hermann
>
>     EKH - EyeKnowHow
>     Hermann Ruckerbauer
>     www.EyeKnowHow.de
>     Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> <http://ca.mc880.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     Veilchenstrasse 1
>     94554 Moos
>     Tel.:    +49 (0)9938 / 902 083
>     Mobile:    +49 (0)176  / 787 787 77
>     Fax:    +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

>     or to administer your membership from a web page, go to:
>     //www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>     For help:
>     si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> <http://ca.mc880.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> [...]