[SI-LIST] Re: Mode conversion

  • From: Ben Rothchild <benrothchild@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:30:34 -0800 (PST)

Jim, Doug, Ken, Mick,

Thanks for your explanation on Mode Conversion.

And to all Si Experts.

Is there a possibility of mode conversion when
a differential signal passes from one set of
ideal(equal length etc) differential lines with
Zodd-1 and Zeven-1 impedances to another set
of ideal differential lines with Zodd-2 and Zeven-2
impedances where Zodd-1 = Zodd-2.

Second is there a possibility of mode conversion
when passing through a connector other than due to
differences of pin lengths. Ofcourse coupling
in the connector could be different than
the transmisssion line and its effect on mode
conversion will I suppose be the same explanation
as for the case of two sets of differential lines
mentioned above.

Any insights/explanations

Ben

List archives are viewable at: