[SI-LIST] Re: Measuring Power and Ground Plane Noise

  • From: Khalid Ansari <KANSARI@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pgregory@xxxxxxxxxx'" <pgregory@xxxxxxxxxx>,"'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:48:04 -0700

Paul,

What I have done in the past is that I have
tied the plane to my sampling scope, I have
looked at the noise using the noise itself
as the trigger.  When you start increasing
the threshold of your trigger in either
direction you will start getting rid of the
noise which have less amplitude at certain
frequencies and as you keep on increasing
the threshold you will see that you will
be left with some waveforms that will be
your dominant noise.  The 66 MHz that you
are talking about might be in there.  You
can measure the amplitude from there.

Khalid