[SI-LIST] Re: Measuring Power and Ground Plane Noise

  • From: Chris Padilla <cpad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:38:08 -0700

The semi-rigid coax Ray mentions may be found at Pasternack. (no
affiliation with them)

I just purchased 6 pieces of the PE3109-12 50-ohm semi-rigid coax.  Do a
search and type it in as I've typed it.

They have SMA female connections on both ends and are 12 inches long.  Cut
one in half and you have two single ended probes or put them together to
make a diff probe.  Works fantastic and at $26.50 a piece, they are a lot
of probe for the price assuming you prepare them correctly: i.e. short,
short leads.

Chris Padilla
EMC Engineer
Cisco Systems

>If you use a single ended probe (like the coax I mentioned)
>then the shield of the probe is put at the same potential
>as the ground plane (hopefully zero volts in this case).
<snip>

List archives are viewable at: