[SI-LIST] Re: Measuring Crosstalk

  • From: Bob Patel <whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jonpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx, chandaharitha@xxxxxxxxx,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:30:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!
The way I have done it in simulations using Hspice is:
1)Extract RLGC for the coupled pair i.e. Victim &
aggressor using geometry in concern.
2)Now drive the Aggressor with a pulse of rise & fall
& amplitude which represents the actual signal on
board and hold the victim low.
3)Now, look at the near end & far end crosstalk on the
victim using a waveform viewer.
4)You can also run random pattern and look at the EYE
when both are switching and you will see what
crosstalk does to each line.
If you want to measure in lab, then there are various
ways like using TDR or scope.
Bob

List archives are viewable at: