[SI-LIST] Looking for an algorithm to clip waveforms

  • From: Vishwanath Elechithaya <elechi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:17:27 +0530

Hi All,
   while generating models for a fast DDR3 Cell, I came across a problem of
over-clocked cell  problem of the IBIS models not able to cope up the
frequency requirements. I came across some topics here about the time
shifting of the waveforms. I have tried out by manually clipping the
waveforms so as to match the spice w.r.t IBIS, with a bit of success.
however, the values for the clipping I am not able to put them in a
generalized algorithm for various over-clocked models. I hope that many of
you may have come accross this situation, and would like to know if any
algorithm exists or innovated to actually find the amount of clipping that
needs to be applied to the models.
Regards,
elechi

List technical documents are available at: