[SI-LIST] Re: Looking for an algorithm to clip waveforms

  • From: Vishwanath Elechithaya <elechi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:52:21 +0530

Hi Tim,
   That's the basic IDEA.I am clipping off all the initial delay with the
waveforms, i.e, where I see significant changes in the waveforms. This gives
me an excellent correlation of spice to IBIS with MAX corner. However, the
fall edges of the waveforms do not match  for the TYP & Min Corner (IBIS
waveforms were faster than the Spice). After a little more struggle, I added
little bit of delays on the fall waveforms of TYP & MIN, this gave me good
correlation of TYP & MIN waveforms too. Now the problem is that how to
arrive at the "initial delay" that NEEDS to be present on FALL waveforms so
as to match IBIS vs Spice!.
This is the approach I try to build.

1. Clip the waveforms (MIN, TYP & Max) to the maximum extent (till there is
significant change in the waveform).
2. Terminate the Waveform window to 1/freq (Ex: for a 1333MHz system, time
window of the VT table = 750ps).
3. Add "INITIAL DELAY" s to the typ & min Waveforms (but how much?) to match
the Spice waveforms.

There is a least preferred approach that to simulate the IBIS models &
extract the mismatch of the waveforms which can be used for calculating the
"INITIAL DELAY" that needs to be added. But would rather be an iterative
process.

Regards,
elechi

List technical documents are available at: