[SI-LIST] Re: Level Shifter

  • From: DrFWS@xxxxxxx
  • To: sunil_bharadwaz@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:10:34 EST

Sunil - take a look at the following TI translators
TXS0102/TXS0104/TXS0108 (2/4/8 bits per package)
1.65V - 3.6V on one side, 2.3V - 5.5V on the 2nd  side
Bi-directional auto sensing

Regards -  Bill

Dr. F. Williams Sarles
Consulting Engineer
FWS ENGINEERING
Lexington MA 02420-3449
Tel: 781-862-0607
Fax:  781-861-7518
Email: DrFWS@xxxxxxx
_FWSarles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:FWSarles@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

In a message dated 1/25/2010 12:55:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sunil_bharadwaz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  ,
I'am doing an application where a Microcontroller interacts with the rest
of the digital
circuitry working at 3.3 Volts (LVTTL).

The  Microcontroller can operate from 2.0 Volts to 3.6 Volts.

The Supply to  the Microcontroller can be any thing from 2.0 Volts to 3.6
Volts , where
as  the rest of the circuitry operates at a fixed 3.3 Volts.

There is a  bi-directional data flow between the uc & rest of the digital
logic.

The max logic high I/P, the uc can tolerate is  2.5 Volts ,  when operated
at 2.0 Volts supply (Supply + 0.5 Volts).The logic high  O/P  of the rest of
the circuitry is at almost 3.3 Volts.We require a  level shifter to bring
down the level of this signal which is I/P to  uc.

Similarly , the VIH of the rest of circuitry is 2.0 Volts.The VOH  of uc at
2.0 Volts supply
is only about 1.8 Volts or less.This requires a  level shifter to shift to
a higher level.

The problem  here is a  variable supply to uc , which can be any value from
2.0 Volts
to 3.6  Volts.

Pls suggest a proper level shifter here.Are there any  bi-directional level
shifters for
these types of applications  ?

Thanks in Advance  !!

Regards
Sunil.B

or to administer your membership from a web page,  go to:
//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list

For  help:
si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject  field

List technical documents are available at:
http://www.si-list.net

List  archives are viewable at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/si-list

Old (prior to June 6, 2001)  list archives are viewable at:
http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu

Regards -  Bill

Dr. F. Williams Sarles
Consulting Engineer